Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Day Eureka!


Now that I have successfully uncovered this blog created hastily in the summer of 2008 in northern Minnesota, I would like to welcome you, us, and anyone that may read this. I trust you enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving supper 2011.

Yes, it's been a few years since I've seen this blog.

We had a delicious spread that was somewhat interrupted by Dave's oncoming migraine. Nonetheless eats were enjoyed with Jenne and Rafe (on left, 20 days young!) and Tina and Sam (~ 2000 days old now), and sent a good deal of food back for Dave. The weather was impeccable. I know, I've never used that word describing weather before but it really was everything you could want. Clear, warm (upper 60's), no breeze, and leaves still hanging on the oaks. Poplars, gums, and hickory's are bare. Dave and I remarked that in Ohio (or any number of places) it was likely cold and grey and not at all conducive of tipping a drink in the back yard like we did here in Piedmont of North Carolina.

OK, these things are more interesting with a photo so I am going to peal one off of Jenne's Mac here. This is Rafe in Grandma's hands, taken by our friend Soo Keith. He had a good day, with many many more to come.

Cheers,
Zack

No comments: